🇸🇪 Sweden: Melodifestivalen 2022 Presenter and Host Cities Revealed


 

SVT, the Swedish national broadcaster, has revealed the presenter and host cities of Melodifestivalen 2022.

Oscar Zia will host the 2022 edition of Melodifestivalen. Oscar has taken part in Melodifestivalen on three occasions. In 2013, he was a backing singer for Behrang Miri on the song “Jalla Dansa Sawa”. In 2014, he participated for the first time as a solo artist and finished eighth in the final with “Yes We Can”. That same year, he was a member of the Swedish jury for Eurovision 2014. In 2016, he took part as a solo singer again with “Human” and finished second in the final. Last year, he hosted Semi-Final 2 of Melodifestivalen alongside Christer Björkman and Anis Don Demina.

Concerning his return to presenting Melodifestivalen, Oscar stated:

“It obviously feels like an honorable assignment – suddenly I’m in line after Kristian Luuk, Petra Mede and Gina Dirawi. I have watched Melodifestivalen since I was little. The whole family would watch and no one was allowed to talk. I did not want to miss a second! I am very excited to go on tour and I will do my best to lead the viewers through this party.”

Oscar also revealed that he may be joined by guest hosts while hosting:

“It would be absurd if I was completely alone. I will invite friends and people I do not know who I think will do well. But we are very early in the process so I can not say more.”

SVT is planning to take Melodifestivalen on tour around Sweden, after the 2021 edition was held solely in Stockholm with no audience. Annette Brattström, project manager for Melodifestivalen, explained:

“The plan right now is that we will take the party around the country and meet the audience. Our main goal is for the party to go out into the country again.”

If the public health situation allows it, the Melodifestivalen 2022 tour will be as follows:

  • Semi-Final 1: Malmö – Malmö Arena (February 5)
  • Semi-Final 2: Gothenburg – Scandinavium (Feburary 12)
  • Semi-Final 3: Linköping – Saab Arena (February 19)
  • Semi-Final 4: Lidköping – Sparbanken Arena (February 26)
  • Andra Chansen: Örnsköldsvik – Hägglunds Arena (March 5)
  • Final: Stockholm – Friends Arena (March 12)